1 teaspoon olive oil
1 onion, diced
1 leek, sliced thinly
2” fresh ginger, minced (about 2 tablespoons)
4 garlic cloves, minced 4 cups vegetable broth (I like to use Edward & Sons Garden Veggie bullion cubes)
2 cups asparagus, chopped (one bunch)
2 cups broccoli, chopped (two medium-sized heads)
2 cups cauliflower, chopped (one medium-sized head)
2 cups collard greens, chopped, stems removed, packed
2 cups kale, chopped, stems removed, packed
4 cups spinach, chopped, packed
2 cups swiss chard, chopped, stems removed, packed
2 cups zucchini 1 14oz can lite coconut milk
salt and pepper to taste
GARNISHES: 1 bunch green onions, thinly sliced chili flakes Cholula Hot Sauce cracked pepper
1. Heat oil in a large stock pot. Saute onion and leeks until translucent, about 5-6 minutes. Add garlic and ginger, saute for 2-3 minutes.
2. Add in vegetable broth, asparagus, broccoli, cauliflower, and zucchini. Bring to a boil. Simmer soup for 10 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
3. Add in collard greens, kale, spinach, and swiss chard. Let greens wilt in soup for 2-4 minutes. Add in coconut milk.
4. In high powered blender, blend soup until completely smooth, (puree first and then liquify for creamiest results).
5. Taste and adjust seasonings.
6. Garnish with green onion, chili flakes and cracked pepper."