1 cup all purpose gluten-free flour (pure almond flour will not bind)
2 tsp gluten-free baking powder
1/2 tsp gluten-free baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp rosemary, chopped
1 cup butternut squash puree
1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla hemp milk
1/2 cup Kite Hill vegan ricotta
1. Add all dry ingredients and chopped rosemary to a large mixing bowl, whisking just enough to combine.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk egg. Add squash puree and hemp milk, mixing well.
3. In a small bowl, break up Kite Hill ricotta until crumbly. Add ricotta with squash mixture.
4. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients, mixing just enough to combine. Do not over stir.
5. Heat skillet over a medium heat. Moisten a folded paper towel with oil and rub skillet until fully coated.
6. Spoon 1/4 cup of the pancake batter onto the skillet, using the back of the cup to spread the batter evenly. You should be able to get about 3 in a pan.
7. Cook until surface begins to bubble and a few have burst, about 1 or 2 minutes. Carefully flip, cooking another 1 or 2 minutes until evenly browned. Transfer to baking sheet, loosely covered with foil, keeping them warm in the oven.